Hysteroscopy is recommended to women with:
- Heavy periods
- Irregular or prolonged vaginal bleeding
- Bleeding or discharge between periods
- Women with endometrial polyp and submucosal myomas
- Abnormalities of the uterine cavity
Why is Hysteroscopy done? What observations can be made through Hysteroscopy?
Through hysteroscopy it is possible to make the following observations:
- Thickening of the lining of the womb
- Endometrial polyps
- Abnormalities in the size or shape of the inside of the womb
- The openings of the fallopian tubes
How is hysteroscopy done?
- Hysteroscopy is carried out under anesthesia because it is difficult to carry out the procedure due to narrowing of the neck of the womb or if any additional procedure is planned including removal of polyps.
- The telescope is passed through the neck of the womb till the period blood comes out.
- The surgeon will then examine the inside of the womb.
- If the womb lining appears thickened, a small piece will be removed and sent to the laboratory to check further examinations.
- If there are any polyps, it is usually possible to remove these at the time of the hysteroscopy.
Surya Fertility Centre, one of the best fertility centres in Hyderabad, offers well equipped day care, diagnostic and operative in Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy operation theatre facility an does all the surgical procedures for its infertility patients including myomectomies grade iv endometriosis, septal resection etc.,